520 Eighth Avenue, Suite 320
New York, NY 10018
Intern with us!
We currently have an opening for an intern to start in February 2018. A typical intern works 15 hours per week (flexible schedule) for three months, a stipend is provided. To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org until January 15th!
An internship at Playwrights Realm provides aspiring arts administrators with the opportunity to dive into New York’s Off-Broadway and new play community, bridging the gap between their education and professional careers by becoming an integral part of the Realm’s dedicated team.
Because we are a small staff, interns will work across departments, performing tasks and building skills in multiple disciplines of theater administration. Interns will gain valuable experience in the following areas:
- Development: assisting in various aspects of fundraising, executing fundraising campaigns and mailings, researching prospective donors and foundations, supporting special event planning and execution.
- General management: assisting with contracts, union correspondence, ticketing processes and the day-to-day administration of the company both in and out of production.
- Artistic: assisting with preparation, database management, and archiving for Realm readings, supporting script submission and reading processes, attending readings and assisting with artist hospitality.
- Producing: assisting with the Realm’s productions, attending production meetings and technical rehearsals, assisting with company management and special events.
- Marketing: assisting with social media research, creation, and posting, archiving Realm press, assisting with gathering and analyzing audience/attendance data, distribution of marketing assets.
We customize our internships around each intern, providing opportunities to develop specific skills based on an intern’s particular interests. We want our interns to leave us with a better understanding of their own professional goals as well as a new set of tangible skills that will help them advance their careers in arts administration.